Let’s face it as business owners we’re in business to be successful.
Success might mean something different for you than for me, but there are some fundamental factors for all of us.
I’ve been fortunate to work with successful business owners and leaders of all kinds – from solopreneurs to the CEO of major hospital.
What do they have in common?
Six Things Successful Business Owners Have in Common
1) Take Risks – they push beyond their comfort zone or perceived limits. Above all, they’re willing to step beyond what they know and try something new.
💠 How do you step outside your comfort zone and take calculated risks in your business?
2) Are Driven by a Vision – They want something more for themselves, and their clients. They see how they can affect the world with what they offer.
💠 What is your vision for your business, for yourself and for your clients? Remember to reconnect with it frequently, it will help you push through any tough times.
3) Focus on the Solution – We all have challenges in our life and business, if we focus on the problem, we’re focusing on what is wrong, what isn’t working. Successful business owners focus on the solution, especially, fixing the problem, filling the need or satisfying the want. It’s true, energy and results flow toward what our mind focuses on.
💠 Do you focus on the problem or the solution? If it’s the problem, how can you refocus your energy toward the solution?
4) Make Things Happen! – I wrote about that in last week’s Spark, Are You Waiting or Creating. Successful business owners consistently take inspired, messy action and get results. They make a plan, work the plan, measure the results, refine and repeat until they get the results they want. They pivot quickly and adapt as needed, we’ve all seen amazing examples of this over the last year.
💠 What do you need to make happen in your business this month? What is the action you will take this week?
5) Stick with It – They believe in themselves and their vision and stick with it until it happens. They don’t try it once and then give up.
💠 What do you need to stick with this month?
6) Accept and Embrace Change – Change is inevitable and often out of our control. Yes, it’s disruption and sometimes very difficult, but it’s going to happen. As a business owner you have to learn to adapt and embrace it. Another lesson we’ve all learned over the last year. The sooner you adapt to a change the faster you get results.
💠 What’s changes have happened in the past 3 to 6 months that have affected your business? How have you adapted?
What can you do?
Take a look at what is working well in your business, instead of focusing on what isn’t working.
decide where you’re going to focus your energy and get into messy inspired action!
Ready to make things happen in your business?
Start by create your 90-Day Courageous Success Plan that focuses on getting clients and your social media strategy!
Want help? Let’s talk! I’m opening a few spots for clients who are ready to take messy action, focus on getting clients, and making money NOW! –> Book a free business accelerator session now.
Do you want some ideas of how to grab the attention of your ideal clients online?
Click here to download your free guide 15 Easy Ways to GRAB the Attention of More Clients Online
Join our Community: Bold and Successful Women Business Owners Group