In this episode Meg Wheeler and Heather chat about her journey as an entrepreneur and the experience of create a business as a Mother and Daughter team. Meg shares her passion for supporting women and the mission of One for Women.
“Make sure you really understand your why and once you get that every opportunity will be looked at through that lens. Once you get in that mindset anytime an opportunity comes your way you’ll be more open to it and be able to evaluate under that lens of: Does it fulfill my mission? Is it inline with my vision?” – Meg Wheeler
Who is Meg Wheeler?
Meg Wheeler is the Co-Founder and CEO of One For Women and the hostess of the One For Womenkind podcast. She is passionate about the power of small gestures and using kindness and compassion to show up and support women.
Meg started One For Women after leaving her corporate job in finance and international tax because she wanted to have a bigger impact. She also uses her experience as a (former) Certified Public Accountant and her obsession with all things numbers and spreadsheets to teach current business owners about small business accounting and how to take control of the money in their businesses.
- 2:00 Meg’s journey to entrepreneurship and wanting to have a bigger impact for women
- 4:15 Celebrate the moments and give back
- 6:40 The transition to being an entrepreneur and the change of loneliness
- 9:25 Moving from a regular pay check
- 10:00 Being connected with your why – having both services and products in a business
- 13:55 The challenges of entrepreneurship – the highs and lows
- 16:00 Meet people face to face – find relationships in the everyday moment
- 20:15 Working as a Mother and Daughter team
- 24:00 Define your roles and work through the what-ifs
- 30:15 Take time for yourself and schedule it
- 32:15 Take Control of Your Day – Your energy and productive times
- 35:55 One for Woman – the business and the opportunities
- 42:45 Meg’s favourite quote “Whatever you choose, however many roads you travel, I hope that you choose not to be a lady. I hope you will find some way to break the rules and make a little trouble out there. And I also hope that you will choose to make some of that trouble on behalf of women.” – Nora Ephron
- 44:15 Meg’s parting message: “Each one of us has so much value to offer, regardless of our age. Your experience and your history are your own and no one else. That is your uniqueness that you bring to the world and your story matters. It is important to remember that there is value in that, there is value in sharing your story.”
“Even if we have to grow slower. We are going to do this in a way that is healthy and manageable so that we enjoy this process.” – Meg Wheeler
Connect with Meg:
Connect with Heather:
Join our Facebook Community: Ready For More! Women Business Owners Circle
Free 5 Day Productivity Program: www.igniteyourmarket.com/takecontrol/
Download Your Should Buster: www.igniteyourmarket.com/shouldbuster
- 15 Sales Activities that Get Results - June 18, 2021
- Nail Your Customer Journey and Get Clients Quickly - May 10, 2021
- Successful Business Owners Have 6 Things in Common - May 3, 2021