In this episode Carrie Caulfield Arick and Heather chat about her journey as an entrepreneur. Carrie shares her expertise and advice on podcasting. We cover so many other topics including setting boundaries and knowing your own value.
“I think as women we feel very selfish when we take command of our time. It is not selfish.” – Carrie Caulfield Arick
Who is Carrie Caulfield Arick?
Carrie Caulfield Arick is the founder of Ya Ya Podcasting, LLC, which helps small businesses, non-profits and independent content creators use podcasting to build influence, awareness and authority through audio production and coaching.
Carrie’s also the host of Just Podcasting, a seasonal show the explores podcasting life and culture. She is co-founder of the female podcast producers and editors community, Just Busters, which helps empower professional women in new media through networking, mentorship, advocacy and monthly trainings.
- 1:39 Carrie’s journey from starting her own podcast to running Ya Ya Podcast, a podcast production business.
- 7:35 Powerful Question: Will some one pay me to do this?
- 9:20 Know your value proposition – charge your worth
- 11:15 If you nature is to give, you need to create a reason from them to come back and pay for your help.
- 13:40 Your time is a premium
- 17:10 Know your own value and your ability to impact people. There is nothing more important that the relationship with yourself and other people.
- 19:00 Podcasting your are putting yourself out there. Feedback doesn’t always come and it doesn’t always come in the way your expect.
- 21:49 Learning to let go of control when you start working with a team of people
- 26:36 Time and boundaries are important to your success
- 28:13 Business is very simple. it is about numbers, but there are layers of complexity
- 33:00 Freedom and flexibility as an entrepreneur – work smarter, not harder
- 34:00 All about podcasting
- 37:11 It’s your show – your in control – it is yours to mold it into what you want it to be
- 39:00 If you want to start a podcast
- 42:40 Different podcast formats and types of shows
- 51:10 Connect with Carrie
- 52:26 Carrie’s favourite quotes: “The only thing I know is I know nothing.” – Socrates
- 53:17 Carrie’s parting message: “Value yourself and value your skills. Value it appropriately, and don’t let anyone define that for you.”
“There is nothing really more important than the relationship with yourself and with other people.” – Carrie Caulfield Arick
Finish by Jon Acuff
Facebook Group She Podcasts: www.facebook.com/groups/shepodcasts/
Facebook Group Podcast Movement:www.facebook.com/groups/podcastmovement/
Connect with Carrie:
Connect with Heather:
Join our Facebook Community: Ready For More! Women Business Owners Circle
Free 5 Day Productivity Program: www.igniteyourmarket.com/takecontrol/
Download Your Should Buster: www.igniteyourmarket.com/shouldbuster
- 15 Sales Activities that Get Results - June 18, 2021
- Nail Your Customer Journey and Get Clients Quickly - May 10, 2021
- Successful Business Owners Have 6 Things in Common - May 3, 2021