In this episode Tammey Grable-Newton and Heather chat about her transition from executive corporate and non-profit positions to a business of passion, purpose and reach. Tammey share her journey of discovery as a breast cancer survivor and the rewards and challenges of starting her own business.
“People say time is money. Time is not money, time is your life.” – Tammey Grable-Newton
Who is Tammey Grable-Newton?
Tammey Grable-Newton is the founder of Taniant. She is an executive level consultant, powerful speaker and inspired author who guides others to embrace their experiences and create purpose from pain. She has a passion for pairing the heart of non-profit and public sector with established business methodology for greater organizational success.
After completing her MBA at the University of Washington at the age of 43, Tammey was diagnosed with stage 3 metastatic breast cancer. Tammey transitioned from her elite, corporate positions to a career of passion, purpose and reach. As a remarkable professional and motivational speaker, Tammey shares her stories, lessons and perspectives with humor, candor and empathy.
- 2:00 Tammy’s journey from high tech, to non profit, to politics, to entrepreneurship and dealing with breast cancer.
- 5:43 Transition from corporate to entrepreneurship – Learning to reach out for support. From scarcity into abundance
- 9:50 You get to choose, you don’t have to work with someone you don’t want to work with.
- 15:00 Non profits need to implement best business practices
- 17:19 Best things about running your own business is freedom, your time is yours to use and the ability to create.
- 20:36 There is nothing like making money you made yourself
- 21:55 Daily discipline and audit in your business
- 23:05 You should be paid for the value you give and your knowledge. Don’t give it away for free.
- 28:25 The support and technology available today make it easy to establish and manage a business.
- 35:25 Listen to yourself and do what is right for you.
- 38:20 The power of nature to recharge your batteries and inspire.
- 43:00 Tammey’s business focus of non profit support, accountability, her upcoming book on breast cancer and motivational speaking.
- 47:20 Learn more about Tammey and her services
- 49:08 Tammey’s favourite quotes:
- “The service you do for others is the rent your pay for your room on Earth” – Muhammad Ali
- “I don’t stop when I’m tired, I stop when I’m done.” – Marilyn Monroe
- 50:35 Tammey’s parting message: “Don’t wait. Don’t wait to follow your dreams. Act on that great idea you have or you’ve been sitting on. Act now!”
“You don’t have to have all the answer.” – Tammey Grable-Newton
Finish by Jon Acuff
Connect with Tammey:
Connect with Heather:
Join our Facebook Community: Ready For More! Women Business Owners Circle
Free 5 Day Productivity Program: www.igniteyourmarket.com/takecontrol/
Download Your Should Buster: www.igniteyourmarket.com/shouldbuster
- 15 Sales Activities that Get Results - June 18, 2021
- Nail Your Customer Journey and Get Clients Quickly - May 10, 2021
- Successful Business Owners Have 6 Things in Common - May 3, 2021