In this episode Lyn Lindbergh and Heather chat about Lyn’s journey to writing Couch to Active book and creating a business helping people find their motivation to move more. Lyn shares her insights on asking the right question, prioritizing your business, and creating success.
“If you ask the right questions with love, compassion and real sincere regard for them and not your own agenda. You will be amazed at what people share. It is so powerful. ” – Lyn Lindbergh
Who is Lyn Lindbergh?
Lyn Lindbergh is the Bad Couch Guru, and creator of COUCH to ACTIVE, a two time award winning book author, and the host of the COUCH to ACTIVE podcast. Her mission is to help everyone conquer their inner couch potato. She is a compassion first leader who knows that most of us are dealing with chronic health issues that make it difficult to succeed in our current go-hard-or-go-home mentality. Lyn knows this is a tough topic, so she approaches it with humor and a very clear view of the realities we are all facing.
Lyn is a certified personal trainer, with a degree in Education, 20-years experience in the grind of the corporate trenches, 10-years as a single parent, and is also a certified group fitness instructor, and certified pilates instructor.
- 2:00 Lyn’s journey to creating Couch to Active helping people find their motivation to move more.
- 7:40 Applying corporate skills to running your own business
- 10:35 Creating a successful business from one failed business
- 14:00 Learning the true motivation of your clients
- 18:30 Entrepreneurial Spirit driving a business with purpose
- 21:30 The new era of online businesses are foreign to many people
- 25:25 Tip: Write your ideas on your 3 by 5 cards to get them out of your brain and use them when you are planning.
- 29:20 Challenges: focus, consistent revenue, and health
- 33:45 Balance gut and intuition with business basics
- 37:40 Your business is your number one client
- 41:15 Lyn’s Book Couch to Active Book, 1-on-1 coaching, and the Cactive Club
- 45:05 Lyn’s favourite quotes: “Even if I’m not feeling well, I can be well.”
- 45:20 Lyn’s parting message: “Stand up tall and own it. Completely. Stand up and tall and own it and don’t apologize for who you are and what you are becoming.”
“Entrepreneurs are really all dealing with similar problems. Don’t be intimidated by others. Keep learning and moving forward.” – Lyn Lindbergh
Connect with Lyn:
Connect with Heather:
Join our Facebook Community: Ready For More! Women Business Owners Circle
Free 5 Day Productivity Program: www.igniteyourmarket.com/takecontrol/
Download Your Should Buster: www.igniteyourmarket.com/shouldbuster