In this episode Geneviève Rochon and Heather chat about her journey as an entrepreneur. Geneviève shares the importance of having a marketing plan and the possibility of using interactive content to market your business.
“Just put one foot in front of the other everyday. Move a little bit forward, a little bit more, and a little bit more. You’ll be amazed at how far you actual come within a space of a year.” – Geneviève Rochon
Who is Geneviève Rochon?
Geneviève Rochon is an award-winning Entrepreneur with over 20 years of experience in sales, digital marketing, and project management. She has managed teams of over 60 employees and companies with revenue of 3.2 million.
Geneviève passion for digital marketing led her to leave the corporate world behind and open her boutique agency Mobylette Media in 2017, where she brings her considerable experience to help business owners navigate the world of online marketing.
Geneviève is a recipient of the Ottawa Business Journal’s Top 40 Under 40.
- 1:40 Geneviève’s journey from the hospitality industry to running a business focus on digital marketing and interactive content.
- 6:30 The day are disappearing where women retire in their 50’s and 60’s
- 7:40 Business owners have to wear many different “hats” all of the time including marketing
- 10:05 With all of the information out there marketing is confusing, you need to find the way to narrow your focus and optimize it.
- 16:10 You know when you have a passion
- 17:00 Put one foot in front of the other, and keep going. You need to do the work.
- 20:30 We all need to be good at lead generation management and figure out how to do it our own way. We are all different.
- 26:00 The challenge of balancing business, family and self care – find resilience
- 31:20 Listen to your gut feeling, learning from the data/information and make an informed decision
- 36:20 What is interactive content and how can it work for you.
- 40:50 Learn more about Geneviève’s business
- 44:55 Geneviève’s favourite quotes: “The obstacle is the way!” – Ryan Holiday
- 45:40 Geneviève’s parting message: “It is important to face the fear, do it anyways and take the baby steps. Because we are all in the same boat, we all feel the same way, we are all shared. Just do it, if not now when?”
“You do need to have lead capture. So what kind of experience can you show people? How can you give people something of value that is non threatening and is useful?” – Geneviève Rochon
Finish by Jon Acuff
Do the Work: Overcome Resistance and Get Out of Your Own Way by Stephen Pressfield
Connect with Geneviève:
Connect with Heather:
Join our Facebook Community: Ready For More! Women Business Owners Circle
Free 5 Day Productivity Program: www.igniteyourmarket.com/takecontrol/
Download Your Should Buster: www.igniteyourmarket.com/shouldbuster