The Ignite Your Market Weekly Challenge’s goal is to create simple but powerful actions that you can do each week that will help you:
- Identify your market and opportunities.
- Connect with your client and prospects.
- Ignite your markets and your businesses
THIS WEEK’S IGNITE YOUR MARKET CHALLENGE: CREATE YOUR PLAN!
Often when I’m speaking with a business owner they are frustrated with their business results. They have an idea, a wish or a goal of where they want their business to go but they are not getting there. They wonder why they aren’t seeing the results they want, they can’t figure it out. 9 time out of 10 they lack a detailed, measurable and workable plan to reach their goals.
“A goal without a plan is just a wish.” – Antoine de Saint-Exupéry
I strongly believe that business owners need to look back at what they’ve accomplished every 90 days at the end of each quarter of their year (see last week’s Ignite Your Market Challenge: Reflect). We need to do “mini” reviews and create “mini” plans every 90 days to stay on track and be on top of our business success.
It the start of a new quarter, what one or two big goals do you want to accomplish in the next 3 months? What accomplishment would really make you proud and what will really take you business to the next level? How will you know if you are moving in the right direction?
The challenge this week is to sit down and create your 90 Days Success Plan. Be honest with yourself, identify your top wishes/goals and outline an actionable and measurable plan. What is the 1st step, who’s responsible for it, when it will be completed and how will you measure it?
Think in terms of SMART Goals:
- Specific: Describe exactly what you want to achieve – the more specific the better
- Measurable: Establish a clear definition to help you measure if you’ve reached your goal
- Action-oriented: Describe your goal using action verbs, and outline the exact steps you will use to accomplish it
- Relevant/Realistic: Setting a goal that you are actually able to achieve and that relevant to your overall business goals
- Time-Bound: When will you start working on the goal and when will you finish it?
Remember to be successful in business you must keep track of your numbers, so at least one of your goals for the next 90 days should be related to your numbers including a monthly revenue goal.
Image what you can accomplish this quarter if you set your goals now, create a plan and keep your 90 Days Success Plan top of mind.